PSLE English Situational Writing is based on the latest PSLE English situational writing format. Situational writing at the upper primary levels is meant to be a straightforward writing task with the objective of assessing a student’s ability to present information clearly and succinctly.
Situational Writing carries a total of 15 marks, with 6 marks allocated for Task Fulfilment and 9 marks for Language and Organisation. Students will be presented with a situational stimulus as well as a task, and they are expected to write in prose by answering the prompts provided.
There are 20 situational writing practices in this book. By attempting the practices and studying carefully the model answers which are included, students will learn how to:
- write to suit purpose, audience and context in a way that is clear and effective.
- use an appropriate register and tone
- generate and select relevant ideas, organising and expressing them in a coherent and cohesive manner.
- use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- use a variety of vocabulary appropriately, with clarity and precision.
I hope this book will help students, especially those in Primary 5 and 6, learn how to tackle the various situational writing tasks and be amply prepared to perform their best for the situational writing tests or examinations.
NOTE: THIS BOOK IS ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE AND IT IS NOT AVAILABLE AT BOOKSTORES.